Thursday, February 14, 2013

CaliLife: 5 weeks in


Hey y'all. 
(I'm saying that bless'ed word more so than ever just to see if people here will notice.)

So I've survived 5 weeks in Cali without a earthquake and despite my passing of earthquake survival 101, I am a little sad that the only ground shaking I've experienced is from the rumbling of dozens of trains that ride through the street my third floor clinic overlooks. Yet, perks of surviving: I've captured some iphonography that I'm particularly proud of, mostly because I gained it in the sweetness of solo mornings or the city adventures spent along side new friends.  

Many things happen when you transplant a southern belle into the skeptical left coast...

Such as, time zone woes:
 I never know what time things come on TV, I always think people go to bed really early when the Facebook newsfeed is slow, Football comes on TV way to early, and Twitter is either full of sneak peaks/spoilers.

Or, 
Being made fun of for:
1) Saying Y'ALL
2) Saying BOOKBAG instead of backpack
3) Not knowing what GNAR meant
4) Stating that ATL is full of hipsters
5) Loving CFA as much as I do
6)Hashtagging everything CaliLife

I've defended, cut-down, compared, and brawled the clash of SF vs ATL.
People here LOVE their city and it's inspiring, I believe because I desire such passion for my own city. I have a huge heart for Atlanta, but my heart has constantly yearned for a foreign city, so it's been a refreshing retreat from my daydreams overseas to breath in the aroma of the adornment of the this 7 mile by 7 mile island, to the point in which I may have to admit that I am slowly becoming intoxicated by.

The drive through mountains that look like they are miniature ranges from Lord of the Rings to a bay that glimmers the reflections of the financial district under the horizon is my daily norm and one by which I enjoy none the less as I grow accustomed to it. 

I've been blessed to meet numerous friends here, all of who love to introduce me to fellow southerns and give me lessons on local hotspots. It's because of their welcome, that I've started to feel at "home" here and recently realized that I don't think I will be ready to leave in 4 weeks. It's bittersweet and I'm absolutely thankful for such a season of growth outside of my comfort and routine of ATL.

For the remainder of my life here my prayer is one of simplicity:
Live by the Spirit, in the Word, and with a tenacious Love in new creative ways.

Happy Lent and Miss you bunches.

People I love:

Thanks.

It means a lot to know there is a world out there curious of my thoughts. This purpose of this blog is to be honest and truthful in a creative way that brings God his deserved glory. I hope you can relate to, be inspired by, or simply enjoy the words of my heart.

love wins.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP