Saturday, July 3, 2010

India Day 33 - 37

Another common theme in India is the constant shift of plans. This was the theme for the last few days in Chennai.


Day 33
I attended English Church again, yet without Robert this time because as soon as he arrived, he got the call that his infant had fainted from a cold and needed to be taken to the hospital. A known family by Robert took me under there wing until Robert could return.

We then traveled to his brother's children's home - 2 of his own and 7 taken in off the streets.We spent the afternoon playing "BibleOpolgy and Carrum Board, eating tropical exotic fruits [learned I am allergic to jackfruit], and learned the innumerable ways that the Lord has completely provided for the home. We turned home that evening to relax.

Day 34
Overnight, Ria again needed to visit the hospital because she was so sick, so Robert had to shift plans and decided to take the day off from work. So out went previous plans. I ended up visiting one of Robert's friend [whom I'd previously met] for the majority of the day. We enjoyed lunch and each other's company by just hanging out doing much of nothing decides chatting and joking. These are the moments I craved and lacked here in busy India, so the afternoon was a delightful unexpected treat.

While there I also had an interesting convo with the father of the family. He [a Roman Catholic] asked "why should we go to others to receive healing prayer when we can just present our request to God himself?" My answer [completely reminded of by the Holy Spirit] was James 5:14-16. The father thanked me for the answer to the question he had been asking people for the past 5 years! I was honored that the Lord used me to answer his questioning son. This experience was just one that is convicting me to know the Word better and the importance it plays in our lives.

Day 35
Visited 3 patients of Roberts and their families. Rested in the afternoon. Visited 2 ICT kids in the evening. Went out to dinner with my Indian family for the last time. I soaked in their company as I was leaving in the morning. Packed up my stuff and slept for 3 hours.

Day 36
Woke up and headed to the train station by bus with Robert. 5 and 1/2 hours of rattling sounds as food sellers, junk salesman, and beggers walked up and down the train. It was quite an experience. Another story for the story date with you to correctly express the full range of emotions and thoughts on the ride to Bangalore.

Arrived and took an auto rickshaw to the children's home that I stayed at when I first arrived in India. I spent the afternoon playing with the younger kids and relating with an American [who came with us, yet is staying in a nearby children's home for the next 4 months]. I spent the evening sharing a devotion with the teen girls on what God's love should look life. I spent the night packing strategically and trying to maintain the excitement bubbling within me.

Day 37 [July 1st]
Woke at 3am to head to the airport in Bangalore.
Killed 2 hours. Lifted off at 6:30am, Indian time.
11 hour flight. The Lord completely blessed me by giving an entire row of 3 seats to myself so I was able to sleep for the 8 hours needed to help me fight jet lag.
Arrived in London at noon, London time.
Killed 2 hours, departed around 2:30pm.
8 hour flight with my new French friend. Watched a bunch of movies.
Landed in Atlanta at 6:45pm, Eastern time.
After about 21 hours of travel and 1 hour of customs, I got to hug my beautiful mom and best friend.
And breathe in the air of my beloved America.

Now, back in the US for about 36 hours, I am trying to adjust back to life with the changes that have taken place within me the past 5 weeks. People here move throughout life, acting as nothing has changed in the past weeks. Yet, my heart has been broken and the Lord has moved in my life. I have seen life in ways I never imagined was possible. So how can I just go back to life the way it was 6 weeks ago. I cannot. I've changed. And I hope my life does also...

People I love:

Thanks.

It means a lot to know there is a world out there curious of my thoughts. This purpose of this blog is to be honest and truthful in a creative way that brings God his deserved glory. I hope you can relate to, be inspired by, or simply enjoy the words of my heart.

love wins.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP