Monday, January 30, 2012

The joy of ending relationships.

"The end of relationships is the most important part of it because it gives you the chance to look back at what you did poorly and what you did well, which allows you to do it better the next time." - Emory Professor

Being a student and a flirt for the vast majority of my life, I'll admit that I've had my full fair share of ended relationships, schools, and seasons of life. Not too long ago, I used to tell girlfriends who hadn't dated much that they were the lucky ones. They didn't have the scars of failed relationships. They were better off to not have experienced it all.

Recently, I changed my mind. Yes, I have junk. But would I change the removal of that junk for all that I've learned from each ending? 
No way, Jose.

Rock climbing with friends so many months ago.

Then this weekend, came a flood of self-betterment reminders:
A friend, one who's friendship faded due to omission, is moving away, possibly for forever.
A friend of dear ones' committed suicide.
Someone vulnerably expressed their doubt of salvation to me.
A family member having life-threatening health issues.

Each end or possibility of an end reminding me:
I want to do relationships better.
Because at any instant those relationships could meet their end.


I want to risk getting dirty or junk-filled if it means I am creating something beautiful, like a deepened relationship. And when the endings are forced, I want to look back to improve.


To make present and future relationships grow deeper, a little sweeter.


Sista's intensity flooding into the lens. Love it.

How do relationships get deeper and sweeter?
It all comes back to Jesus.
Did I share about him? Did I act like him? Did they know him?
Diving into the Word to figure out the deeper "how to" of the answers this week...

People I love:

Thanks.

It means a lot to know there is a world out there curious of my thoughts. This purpose of this blog is to be honest and truthful in a creative way that brings God his deserved glory. I hope you can relate to, be inspired by, or simply enjoy the words of my heart.

love wins.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP