Monday, December 28, 2009

My current repeat song

One of my new favorite songs is 30 words long...

"I can finally see
That you're right there beside me.
I am not my own.
For I have been made new.
Please don't let me go.
I desperately need you."

For me, these words are a steady reminder that whatever stage of life I am, whether easy or tragic, my God is sitting beside me, telling me He's always going to be there. This is not an easy lesson to learn when I have a friend die, almost once a year from cancer; some as young as 5. It's not easy to remember He is there when relationships fail or my prayers and desires never seem to be answered. Life is no where near easy when I see young girls stuck in the cycle of the sex industry or even the cycle of depression. But who said it was suppose to be easy? No one. I would declare at the top of my lungs that life is hard. Harder than I could manage on my own. I desperately need Him. Every minute. Every minute I need to be His and in His control.

The coolest thing about this is...He won't let go. Ever. So even when I am pitching a fit or having a meltdown that life sucks, He is there still holing on. Every minute I am His and in His control. Then, the moment I realize His presence is the moment when the joy starts to slip back into place.

My play count for this song is up to the mid 300s now. That may seem a bit ridiculous, but it is such a comfort to know that the joy is here. And if it ever diminishes, it only takes realizing God's presence to attain it again.

People I love:

Thanks.

It means a lot to know there is a world out there curious of my thoughts. This purpose of this blog is to be honest and truthful in a creative way that brings God his deserved glory. I hope you can relate to, be inspired by, or simply enjoy the words of my heart.

love wins.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP