Sunday, March 28, 2010

Empty me.



This Friday, I took a few of my residents to a pottery class where they got to learn to "throw a pot " on the potter's wheel. I'd been to the location before for a mother/daughter social and received a t-shirt with the following verse on the back:


 "Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hands." (Isaiah 64:8) 


So as I  remembered this verse and watched my residents, I yearned for them to know the Lord. I wanted them to be molded, just as they were trying to form their clay into pots or mugs. Watching the struggling new potters, tumbling walls of clay, messy hands, and the seemingly constant flow of "do-overs," I found a great new respect for the work of His hands in our lives. 


I was reminded today of one of the lines from the Desert Song by Hillsong: " I know I'm filled to be emptied again. The seed I've received I will sow." I was stuck thinking on how I've learned a vast variety of lessons about myself, the Lord, and others throughout the recent season of life. I've been filled and now is the time to invest in others so they too can learn these lessons. I often, mostly unplanned, will give advice to friends based on the lessons I have recently learned from the Lord. However; sometimes, it takes a lot of effort to teach and sow in those around me, especially when they seem so resistant to any and all forms of religion. Pray with me to get the opportunities to truly sow Truth into those around me, especially my residents and those running in the completely opposite direction of Christ. 


I love the random reminders of God's presence and His call for our lives. Jeremiah's words stand true to this day: "Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will let you hear my words."

People I love:

Thanks.

It means a lot to know there is a world out there curious of my thoughts. This purpose of this blog is to be honest and truthful in a creative way that brings God his deserved glory. I hope you can relate to, be inspired by, or simply enjoy the words of my heart.

love wins.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP