Glass Half-Full.
Optimism is my choice.
Most days I take it to the extreme. With it comes risks and with risks come great potential... for joy and perfection, letdowns and hurt. Life contains mostly the prior but every so often the latter buds it's unpleasant little head.
Most days I take it to the extreme. With it comes risks and with risks come great potential... for joy and perfection, letdowns and hurt. Life contains mostly the prior but every so often the latter buds it's unpleasant little head.
Today was was one of the rarer days. My choice of optimism, to purse something that I saw as a potential for great and wondrous things, led to a devastating letdown and heartbreak.
I can wallow, expect my world to fall apart, be bitter, become a cynic, or all of the above. But why change my ways of thinking when I knew how it worked? I knew the risk... I weighed the options. This hurt was always an possibility.
Tonight, I'm upset, hurt, letdown.
But my choice is still optimism.
Tomorrow is new.
And I'll again put hope in the fact that joy comes in the morning.
Tomorrow is new.
And I'll again put hope in the fact that joy comes in the morning.