Fair Lady.
Once upon a time, about 9 months ago, I arrived in the magical land of Savannah to visit the fair lady settled there. She showed me around her mystical town, we indulged the free praline samples, trekked the squares, and experimented with black and white film. These are the enchanted results:
I am in love with this photo and it's subject.
The next several post will be with the rest of the film roll, which took about 6 months to use because I secretly wanted to savor the time I had with the manual setting on my film dsl camera. The months were filled with recalling photog. class lessons, hoping I was picking the right settings for the variety of different lighting situations I experienced, and anticipating the results.
The fair lady's manual lesson results. Kudos.
Anticipating fuels excitement. So nine months post commencing this roll, I was elated to pick up the surprise (because I had even forgotten what I had shot) photos and quality.
Fairest tour guide of them all.
Some of the pictures suck, to be honest.
Thus goes life.
But, some of the pictures are absolutely amazing.
Their beauty creating the joy that overshadows the disappointment of the photo fails.
Doesn't this just make you want to turn back time?
So thank you to the purity of black and white film for the reminder of the beauty of the ups and downs. For without the imperfect moments, we would not recognize the grand and marvelous highlights of life.



