Sunday, October 28, 2012

5 Year Plan


Best friend, Emily, has moved to Germany.


To watch a friend receive her dreams come true
deepens my dimple and makes excitement bust from my seams.
(Really. I'm quite over the top in excitement when talking of Em) 
Yes, a 6 hours time and a near 5000 mile difference is hard. 
Watching her challenge with cultural difference is actually gut-wrenching.
And I simple miss being able to call this girl up when life throws curves, high and low.

But the Lord has an AMAZING plan for her. 
He's searched and renewed this girls heart in ways you couldn't conceive.
Financial support has been received in record time. 
He's given her a specific love for Germany and its lost generation.

Maybe I just like bragging about how great of a best friend I have...
But I know it's because of her trust in the Lord, 
the faith she's had to make such grand transitions out of college,
and such favor that only the Lord could give,
that Emily is achieving her dreams. 

In recent days, I've realised for the first time in my life,
I don't have a 5 year plan.
My next step was always the next school phase. 
But now, with my doctorate degree nearly half way over
and all the hell o' hard classes behind me,
I'm sort of stuck in an haze of ideas that surround me. 
What does one do exactly when you've reached your dream,
to become a pediatric physical therapist,
which I've been pursuing now for 12 years now?!
What's next...

Flipping through pictures of Em in Germany, 
I was reminded of a lesson I feel I need to learn over and over again. 
I don't need to have it all planned out, but to trust God to 
see dreams come true, to give favor,
to establish my faith in Him,
to expand my heart for the place He'll lead me,
and to open grandiose doors.
Easier said than done for this little Miss Independent,
yet I yearn to get to that constant state where 
my dimple deepens and my excitement burst at the realization that
my God is the one who gives all of that, even to me. 

Hats off to my bff for being my inspiration. 

People I love:

Thanks.

It means a lot to know there is a world out there curious of my thoughts. This purpose of this blog is to be honest and truthful in a creative way that brings God his deserved glory. I hope you can relate to, be inspired by, or simply enjoy the words of my heart.

love wins.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP