YOGA 2.0
I am continuing my focus on Yamas and Niyama and have chosen two new virtues this week:
Self-study and Discipline.
Becoming disciplined is the ability to get oneself to act regardless of emotional state.
The act itself can be infinitely variable, yet will almost always empower.
Whether your goal is to overcome a bad habit, limit procrastination, eliminate disorder, or achieve a dream, self-disciple is a solution to a host of problems.
Yet, how does one achieve this disciple consistently?
Like any form of decision making, the first step is acceptance.
It's getting to a realization that you can label and acceptance the state you are in.
In yoga, we've been calling this having a "booty mind,"
which requires a conscious awareness of the thoughts in your head,
regardless of whether they're good, bad, condescending, or beautiful.
A toast I recently heard from a father of the bride said,
"Understand your differences, because that's where your strength comes from.
Understand your similarities, because that's where your joy comes from.
And have the patience to understand the difference between the two."
It's a a beautiful statement for the newly hitched or
when the current you is wanting to become a better you.
To improve myself, I have to know the differences between present and ideal,
between stagnant and growing. I have to own my weakness, to become strong.
I have to own my strengths, to be content.
I have to accept who I am now and later, then will I have joy.
Who doesn't want contentment and joy in their life?!
I definitely do, so I have decided to try and be more disciplined with my thoughts.
I must realize that I am not the negativity I sometimes think.
I must realize that speaking truth to myself will not change me, but can change who I desire to be.
Disciple starts with awareness, with self-study.
In my girls small group this week, the following was read as a declaration of truth in who God has intended us to be. This is my full capacity, my calling, and the possible effects of the aforementioned process of discipline.
*****
As I look at Jesus, I see the solution to every problem and I have the answer for every question!
I carry the Kingdom of heaven, and I manifest His Kingdom everywhere I go!
I am an Ambassador for my King and I love my job!
I represent His Kingdom and re-present my King to the world with excellence!
I heal the sick, raise the dead, drive out demons, and cleanse the contagious because Papa says I can!
There are no limits on what Father is going to do in me and through me because I simply believe like a little child.
I am naturally supernatural! Signs and wonders follow me everywhere I go!
When I honor people in my midst, a supernatural impartation is released that empowers people to walk in their destiny and calling.
When I embrace my weaknesses, Holy Spirit’s strength is unleashed in my life.
Failure has no grip on me! I declare to “Failure”,
“You are my stepping stone that just gets me closer to my victory!”.
I love Holy Spirit...He is my best friend, an amazing mentor, my trusted counselor, and a constant supply of power, life, and love!
My words are so powerful that they shift atmospheres, restore relationships, change destinies, release hope, reverse medical diagnoses, and ignite revival!
I accomplish amazing things by simply relaxing and resting in Jesus and His finished work!!
I am an overcomer in my emotions, my thinking, my health, my relationships, and my circumstances because Jesus’s love and truth have transformed my life.
My destiny is to do the Greater Things!! I eat, live and breathe my destiny daily!