Saturday, November 16, 2013

Yoga 3.0

The semester is winding down as my excitement to arrive in Sydney is heating up. 
24 DAYSSSS 
left until I start my journey to Australia. 

Until then, many things are left to accomplish, one of which is the continuation of yoga class blogging. Despite the fact that I would rather be preparing for world travels, I am thankful for assignments which force me to be still, seek truth, process life, recall my values.

Awful photo quality, but please note how we enjoy lectures in yoga class ;)

Compassion & Surrender
are two of the Yama and Niyamas that stand as essential values of physical therapy.
Altruism encompasses both and can be defined as the principle or practice of unselfish concern for or the devotion to the welfare of others. Jesus declared this principle time and time again.

OTHERS
-------above-------
MYSELF

Matthew 15: 28-39 shares a story of the disciples asking Jesus how they were to feed thousands of hungry followers, a seemingly large task. Jesus responds by asking them "What do you bring to the table?" and explaining nothing of his plan for a solution. God's son wants us to see that his Father wants to utilize us, making us generous, and subsequently, we get to be blessed, freed, and filled with joy in return for our small act of altruism.

Easier said than done in a culture and innate nature that instills individualism.
It takes a constant will power to choose faith in the promise of God's truth:

Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. (2 Cor 9:7-8)

Do good. Love. Help. Care. Heal. Restore. Give hope.
Holistically. Neglecting nothing.
All without validation, condition, doubt, or excuses.

Those are the values I want defining not just my life, but also my title as I receive my doctorate of physical therapy in a short 6 months! Eeeek!

People I love:

Thanks.

It means a lot to know there is a world out there curious of my thoughts. This purpose of this blog is to be honest and truthful in a creative way that brings God his deserved glory. I hope you can relate to, be inspired by, or simply enjoy the words of my heart.

love wins.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP