India day 10- 12
Welp, the last day in Calcutta was the hardest and hottest. A whopping temperature of 110 degrees and a heat index of 140 degrees. Insane. We visited Kalighat, which as an area of town that has a temple for Kali, the goddess of death. It was hard to see the line of 100s of people standing outside to give sacrifices to a god who could do nothing for them. Heartbreaking, really.
[Had to be there] Funny story:
On the plane ride back to the home, we sat in the plane on the loading dock for about 3 hours. Which was longer than the actual plane ride. They had to fix the a/c, the tire, and then other electrical problems. It was sketch. But you take everything with a grain of salt and a dose of laughter here. Fun times.
Now, I am back at the childrens' home for a couple of days before heading off to Dehi. It's like a little heaven here. A cool breeze always blowing, the feelings of joy and hope, smiles, and just a sense of comfort is found here. I am going to miss it when I travel off to to other cities.
Got my Sari today. I havent been taught how to wear it yet though. It's amazing how a 5meter length of fabric can be so complicated to put on...so soon as I learn that, I'll try and get a photo.
I got henna on my hand. There is a whole long beautiful story associated with it. So ask me about it when I am back in the states.
I attempted to load a photo from Calcutta...but it took entirely too long so I gave up. Sorry, folks.
Times up for now. Peace to each of you.