India Day 18-19
Day 18
Flying from Delhi to Bangalore in the early morning.
Sleeping in the hotel for 5 hours.
Chilling in the mall's coffee shop journaling, planning my lesson, and drinking chai for 2 hours.
Hardly sleeping.
Day 19
Flying to Chennai in early early morning (I woke up at 2:30am).
Met Robert (The PT) at the airport with a huge hug.
French toast (They call it Bombay Toast) for breakfast at his house.
Led 2 songs [with Mike] and gave a lesson on Provision to the children (about 100) at Robert's church.
Was introduced during the main service and I had to share a bit of my testimony in front of about 300 people [and I hate public speaking...but the Lord was good and provided].
Led a song [with Mike again] and we each gave another small story of how God has worked in my life to the teenagers.
Lunch at Robert's house.
Visited a Mission Hospital for Cardiac Problems - I even got to go inside the post-op care room. So cool.
Went to see SHREK 3D in a crazy nice theater with reclining chairs (I am shocked at the angle in which I got to sit].
Robert made dosa, which is kind of like a thin nonsweet pancake that we ate with tomato chutney. So good.
And now I am off to sleep after a 21 hour day after 3 hours of sleep.
----------
I am offically living an authentic Indian lifestyle now for the next 2.5 weeks:
Squatty Potty, bucket shower, sleeping on the floor, eating with my right hand, riding on the back of a motor cycle [ Maybe say a prayer here bc I kind of freak out inside every time I ride and have to keep repeating "Keep me safe" prayers in my head. And maybe for my mom too, because she is now freaking out after reading this], living with no a/c, and as of tomorrow night, I'll have no white people around me at all.
I am sorry ahead of time for the broken English I am sure to come back with. I am already changing and it's day one here in Chennai. "It will be great, I know for sure"
Missing you all greatly.