India Day 17
I am on an emotional rollercoaster. I think I'll name it "Extreme Machine."
This morning, I met my World Vision sponsor child. Her name is Luxmi and she a beautiful 7 year old girl whom I [and my close friend Jessica] have been sponsoring for 2.5 years now. I sat there in awe of the fact that she was sitting there in front of me grinning from ear to ear. I couldn't take my eyes off her and my heart was filled with such extreme joy. One of the best moments in my life thus far. And an additional story I'd love for you to ask me about on our story date.
Today, as I visited other sites in Delhi, I became the most frustrated that I have been yet. I am sick and tired of being manipulated and taken advantage of because I am white. I am completely annoyed with being blatenly stared at and having a crowd gather around as we try and take one photo.
Today, I had lunch with two WV staff and talked about their love and work for Him.
Today, I visited a Mosque where 100s of people had been praying earlier, some till continuing to while we walked around.
Today, I visited Luxmi is a poor community in South Delhi and spent about 1.5 hours in her 8 x 10foot brick house...with about 15 other people [for part of the time].
Tonight, I had numerous little boys ask for money or food as I was in the car right outside a huge slums area with hundreds of tin houses.
Tonight, I had numerous little boys ask for money or food as I was in the car right outside a huge slums area with hundreds of tin houses.
Minutes later, I sat inside probably the nicest mall in India and ate Hardrock Cafe again.
-----
The ups and downs are intense and hard to process so back-to-back. But He is on my side and in control...so I am keeping my arms up and eyes open to see where else this crazy ride is going to take me.
As for tomorrow, I am off to Bangalore for one day to send Mallory back to the US, then Mike, Time, and I are headed to Chennai.