Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Ocean's shore.

I've been in a bit of a dry land recently - peace faded and I doubted the Lord's plan and ability to use little me to give him his great glory.

Reading today, I realized how much I am ignoring and not seeing because my view is so myopic- so focused on my insignificant tiny life in the mist of God's kingdom. How often I sink back into my old ways.

I forget who God is.
The judgement of the world.
The creator of the law.
The anger when betrayal comes.
The salvation that breathes life.
The beauty that leaves us in awe.
The wisdom that creates integrity.
The love that seems absurd.
The holy God.
Separated.

I know so little. The little I know, I forget so often.

My repeat song of the day:


______________________________

I made You promises a thousand times
I tried to hear from Heaven
But I talked the whole time
I think I made You
too small
I never feared You at all, No
If You touched my face would I know You?
Looked into my eyes could I behold You?

What do I know of You
Who
spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood
But the
shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury?
Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?

I guess I thought that I had figured You out
I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about
How You were mighty to save
Those were only empty words on a page
Then I caught a
glimpse of who You might be
The slightest hint of You brought me down to my
knees

What do I know of You
Who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood
But the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury?
Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?

What do I know of Holy?
What do I know of
wounds that will heal my shame?
And a God who gave life "its" name?
What do I know of Holy?
Of the One who the angels praise?
All creation knows Your name
On earth and heaven above
What do I know of
this love?

What do I know of You
Who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood
But the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury?
Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?

What do I know of Holy?
What do I know of Holy?

______________________________


Today...
I'm trying to remember there is so much more than I know,
that time will unfold & His plan will be accomplished,
and that I am blessed.

Tomorrow...
I'm going to try and not forget.

People I love:

Thanks.

It means a lot to know there is a world out there curious of my thoughts. This purpose of this blog is to be honest and truthful in a creative way that brings God his deserved glory. I hope you can relate to, be inspired by, or simply enjoy the words of my heart.

love wins.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP