Thursday, March 24, 2011

Intricately Knit.



As I sat in a friend's bedroom last night talking with 7 other girls, I couldn't help but just praise God for is crafty coordinating skills in blending the room together as He did.

We all were there by choice, knowing we shared a passion for healing, Our house church had split the large groups into smaller gathering categorized by what each of us felt passionate about. Out of the several groups, we were one of, if not the largest sector. The leaders suggested no more than 4-5 per group, yet we chose to stick together in the back room of the house. 

What unfolded in the hour plus was beautiful. Each girl shared her heart and the specific area of healing/restoration in which she's pulled towards. The deep soul-consuming passions were so evident when poured out each mouth. Hearts ached as we listened to the intense stories that each of us had gone through. Yet, the stories were only the setting to express the empowerment each girl desired to give out of her own victories. The connections were astonishing. Each added story further exhibited how knit together we already were without having even met each other prior to that night. 

Now officially having a job title of "coordinator" I understand a taste of what is truly means to try and integrate  diverse elements and people into one harmonious purpose. I have on multiple occasions cried out of complete frustrations of the difficulty of such a task. Coordinating is no joke. 

I may fail at it, yet I am convinced that God is the master of coordinating. How else would he craft 8 girls, from all areas of the US, with the same passion for the restoration of women into the same random room of Atlanta. Or how about this one: Coordinating the fact that I had a terminal cancer, yet happened to live in a city with a top pediatric hospital, which also happened to be in a year where an experimental clinical trial for my type of cancer was released?  

April 9th, my 15 year cancer-free birthday, is proof that my God is indeed a master of coordination. I cannot wait for that Saturday because it will not only be a celebration of victory over cancer but also a jubilation of a God who is so stinkin' creative in orchestrating our intricate lives. 

Prepare yourselves for a party on April 9th! You are all invited. 


People I love:

Thanks.

It means a lot to know there is a world out there curious of my thoughts. This purpose of this blog is to be honest and truthful in a creative way that brings God his deserved glory. I hope you can relate to, be inspired by, or simply enjoy the words of my heart.

love wins.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP