Friday, February 4, 2011

GPS.

I got a GPS for Christmas and have since named it "Cal," short for "Recalculating," because it often shouts just that word. This phrase is announced so frequently because I often go off the planned pathway, believing my route is better or faster. I go my own way, guessing it to be more efficient, and trusting that in the case that I am wrong then the GPS will point me back in the right direction.

I have the same mentality with God. At the beginning of a day's journey or a life choice, I ask Him to show me the paths [Ps.25:4-5] in which I should take. Then somewhere along the way, I decide I want to veer off the highlighted route and take back roads. What ends up happening most times? I get lost and unsure of how to get myself headed towards the original goal again. Luckily, I have a merciful God who is able to "recalculate" and point me back onto his perfect pathway.

But why am I leaning on my hope that God will be merciful? Do I really think that I can do my own thing, regardless of his expressed will, because I trust He'll catch me if I totally screw up? What love does that portray?

There are days where I am extra stubborn and simply ignore or mute the "make U-turn when possible" command. In those moments of my ignorance, I end up in some part of life that is so far off from where I really wanted to be. It takes me longer to get there, I use more resources than necessary, or I may even hurt others in the process...all simply because I thought I knew better than God.

I wonder how long I could go without ever causing the Lord to "recalculate" my pathway?


People I love:

Thanks.

It means a lot to know there is a world out there curious of my thoughts. This purpose of this blog is to be honest and truthful in a creative way that brings God his deserved glory. I hope you can relate to, be inspired by, or simply enjoy the words of my heart.

love wins.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP