Alumna.
Despite the fact I that I may not look like it [or feel like it], I am officially a college graduate. Whoa.
The weekend was packed with abundant activities to celebrate the finality of our 4 years here. Friday I had my College of Education commencement ceremony where I actually walked across a stage when my name was called. My grandparents and madre came to this...which was a delight to celebrate with family.
Following family dinner, some of us headed to celebrate the art kids' final projects, known as Exit Shows. Here is a close up of Kelly's magical fabric piece.
Saturday morning was a cute parent's brunch that my [last year's] apartment and I put together so all our parents could meet and celebrate together. Then our parents went camera crazy when we took the group shots of all the kids who've lived in 137. Of all my memories in the past 2 years, the majority of the great ones came from within 137.
[Immediately above from L to R: Catherine, Jessica, Kelly, Marie, Michelle, Kristen, Sara, me]
The graduation ceremony was more than this girl could ask for. I sat with loved friends, got advice from our hilarious speaker [UGA alumni, Alton Brown], and sang/chanted along to the Red Coat's game day tunes while watching exploding fireworks from the middle of Stanford Stadium. Fireworks alone make me filled with joy, so to add so much other goodness on top just pushed the excitement and thrill over the edge for me. This might even classify as bliss.
So now, the end of life at UGA is transitioning into the start of my "new life" that is bound to be full of exciting adventures and possibly a secret alias. Get excited.
India: T-minus 11 days [Monday, May 24th at 9pm]
Current Prayer: Boldness while in India to reach out to all those who don't yet know the Lord and to pray with a more intense passion than ever before.




